Last updated: December 31, 2017
Fincheck Inc. ("the Company", "we" or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protect the privacy of its users ("user" or "you").
- What type of information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- With whom we share the information, and for what purpose
- For how long we retain the information we collect
- How do we safeguard your information
- How to contact us
What type of information we collect
We collect two types of data and information from our users.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a user(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Services ("Non-personal Information"). We are not aware of the identity of the user from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Services; etc.), in order to enhance the functionality of our Services. We may also collect information on your activity on the Services (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual ("Personal Information"). Such information includes:
- Account Information: In order to use the Services and open an account, you will be asked to provide us certain details about yourself through the Sites, such as your full name, e-mail address and phone number. We may also collect from you relevant financial information (e.g. credit card number, bank account, etc.) and any other information (e.g. receipts) which is required by us in order to provide you our Services.
- Email Content: We may collect the content of your email correspondences ("Correspondences") if you grant us access to your email account as part of our Services. After you give us your permission, we shall automatically collect and process your email correspondences. You may opt-out from this feature through the applicable settings screen related to your email account.
- Calendar Events: We may collect the content of your calendar events ("Events") if you grant us access to your calendar as part of our Services. After you give us your permission, we shall automatically collect and process your calendar events. You may opt-out from this feature through the applicable settings screen related to your email account.
- By using the Services, you represent that you have all the necessary consents and permissions from each identifiable individual referenced in the Correspondences to use their Personal Information (e.g. photos, names, etc.) as part of our Services.
- Device Information: We may also collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes IP address and other unique identifiers which relate to your activity through the Services.
- Voluntary information: We also collect information which you provide us voluntarily through the interfaces available on our Services. For example, when you communicate with us via email, chat, phone calls, etc., respond to communications from us, ask our support, or share additional information about yourself through your use of any of our Services. Such information may include your call records, your emails, account information, etc.
If we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Google Analytics
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
Our Sites use the following types of cookies:
- 'session cookies' which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- 'persistent cookies' which are read only by our Sites, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- 'third party cookies' which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Service may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
How we use the information we collect
- To analyze and organize your financial information and provide you our online financial tools;
- To set up your account and enable you to share with us relevant information;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates;
- To perform a research or to conduct analytics (including improving our algorithms) in order to improve and customize our Services to your needs and interests;
- To support and troubleshoot our Services and to respond to your queries
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Services; and
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
With whom we share the information we collect
We may share Personal Information with the following recipients: (i) our subsidiaries; (ii) affiliated companies; (iii) subcontractors and other third party service providers (e.g. OCR and NLP platforms); (iv) auditors or advisers of our business processes; and (v) any potential purchasers or investors in the company.
We may also disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
For how long we retain the information we collect?
We value your privacy and control over your Personal Information, and therefore you may, at any time, request to change and update it by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also request that we will correct errors or that we will stop collecting your Personal Information (except for data that we are allowed to collect under applicable laws) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that unless you instruct us otherwise we retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide the Services, perform a research or conduct analytics, improve and customize our Services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
How do we safeguard and transfer your information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of our users' information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse our Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
Since we operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer your Personal Information to countries outside your current residence. You hereby consent to transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your current residence.
If you feel that your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted to abuse our Services or acted in an inappropriate manner, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
The Services are not designated to users under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should not use the Services nor provide any Personal Information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information collected from you. In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has shared any information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Services or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at email@example.com.